GAME FISHING RAROTONGA
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms apply to all trips. By booking with us you accept these terms and conditions.
All trips depart from Avarua Wharf. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before departure.
Upon booking you are required to provide local contact information including phone number, email or accommodation plus room number if applicable in case we need to contact you prior to your booking.
- All Customers will be given a safety briefing once aboard the vessel. Game Fishing Rarotonga reserves the right to ask all passengers on board to wear a lifejacket
at any time. Any refusal to do so, Game Fishing Rarotonga will not be held accountable for any liabilities as a result. Game Fishing Rarotonga takes no responsibility for
an incident arising based on a pre-existing medical condition.
- All charters are subject to suitable weather conditions. Game Fishing Rarotonga reserves the right to cancel at any given time due to unsuitable and/or unforeseen
weather conditions. Weather cancellations are at the captain's discretion. If the weather looks to be unsuitable, we will attempt to contact you the night prior to your
booking but be aware that weather can change quickly and a reschedule may be necessary at short notice. We will contact you to reschedule a time agreeable by
both parties. In the event that we cannot reschedule based on weather conditions, we will provide a full refund of deposit.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- We are available for bookings Monday to Saturday excluding Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve New Years Day, and any other days chosen
at Game Fishing Rarotonga discretion.
- For all bookings we require a 25% deposit of the total trip cost. Deposits are non refundable if you cancel with less than 48 hours notice. The remaining payment can
be made; online when booking, prior to trip via bank transfer (NZ or Cook Islands bank account) prior to trip via our booking office with cash or card, on the day of trip
with either cash or card. Any charters cancelled by us due to weather or mechanical failure, will either be rescheduled to a time agreeable by both parties or a refund
will be issued. You must provide a contact method upon booking in case we need to contact you. This may include phone number, email, Whatsapp, accommodation
with room number etc.
- All Payments are to be made prior to the vessel departing. The person making the booking is responsible for payment of the entire amount. Once made, all bookings
must be paid in full unless notified prior to change of numbers booked on the day, unless spaces can be filled.
- Any charters cancelled by us due to weather or mechanical failure, will either be rescheduled to a time agreeable by both parties or a refund will be issued. All
weather cancellations are at the captain's discretion.
- Any trips cancelled by the customer within 48 hours prior to departure will not be eligible for a refund. Any possible refund will be at Game Fishing Rarotonga's
- Failure to turn up for a booking will result in nil refund.
- All details obtained from clients eg. phone numbers, email address, postal address, credit card and bank account details, are only utilised for the sole purpose of
operations of Game Fishing Rarotonga. These details are never sold, distributed or released to any other parties or bodies.
- Game Fishing Rarotonga has a no refund policy once the trip has departed unless otherwise stated. Should the passenger become unwell or unhappy and request to
be returned to wharf, the captain will make a decision relating to a termination of a charter or returning to port to drop a customer off. In the event that no fish are
caught on a charter there will be NO refund as this is a chance you take on any fishing trip.
FISH AND SHARED CATCH POLICY
- It is our goal to try our hardest and give everyone an opportunity to catch a fish. Our Captains are professional fishermen with years of experience and will always try
their hardest to provide a successful charter. Game Fishing Rarotonga does not guarantee that every customer will catch a fish. Fishing is a sport of chance and many
variables outside our control determine the catch rate. All catch is owned by Game Fishing Rarotonga, however, we will provide you with a fair share for all that
participate in the charter (enough for a meal per person who is a paying participant of that charter) . This is dependent on the day's catch. Game Fishing Rarotonga
reserves the right to provide you with NO fish if there is not enough caught.
TREATMENT OF STAFF
- Our Staff have all been selected for their expertise in their field. Our staff are not to be insulted, sworn at, abused or defamed. The Captain reserves the right to cancel
any trip and/or return any individual back to Port (without refund) if staff are being harassed and/or abused.
GENERAL BEHAVIOUR EXPECTATIONS
- It is a requirement that all Customers behave in a respectful manner whether that be prior to, during or after the charter, having full consideration for all other users of
the wharf and its immediate vicinity. Obscenities and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in your booking being cancelled
and payment forfeited. Any loss or damage to equipment, gear or boats due to negligence will be charged. Please treat our equipment with the respect you would
give your own gear.
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
- Alcohol is permitted on board the boat, however it must be consumed in moderation. Any behaviour we deem inappropriate, will result in your charter being cut short
and your group being returned to port. We are not liable for anything that may occur as a result of intoxication or drug use. Game Fishing Rarotonga reserves the right
to refuse boarding due to drug use or intoxication, no refund will be issued in this event.
- We promise to do our best to make your day run as smoothly as possible from your initial booking through to your day on the water. Our team will do their best to
make your day safe and comfortable given the varying conditions at sea.
- Our toilet facilities are available only on Lady D. They are private and clean. The toilets are marine style and different to a domestic style toilet. We recommend using a
toilet before departure if use of the toilet on board is a concern.
- Smoking is allowed in a designated area as directed by the crew.
- Any photos or videos taken by any staff members of Game Fishing Rarotonga are owned by Game Fishing Rarotonga and may be posted to any of our social media
channels, website, or any other marketing material including but not limited to; Brochures, posters, merchandise etc. unless explicitly asked or stated in writing by
customer NOT to do so.
- All children under the age of 15 are the responsibility of an accompanying adult unless otherwise arranged.
- Game Fishing Rarotonga provides a pick-up service for a fee for any customer who requires transportation. Please inform us at the time of booking with location and
booking details. Pick-ups are usually scheduled for 5:30AM and 12:30PM, unless otherwise stated, this provides sufficient time to travel from the pick-up location to
the wharf. There will be a 10 minute leniency for any late comers before departure. Failure to arrive on time for pick-up will result in transport leaving without you and
no refund provided if you miss the charter.
SPIRIT OF FISHING
- Our team live and breath fishing and we genuinely want to show our customers a good time. We do not tolerate negative or poor-spirited fisher people. Remember it
is called Fishing, not catching so there is never a guarantee of catching fish. Only come if you are prepared to have FUN!